Saturday, August 20, 2011

The preparations continue...



Well as the season opener draws ever closer I find myself trying to find things to occupy myself and what better way to do that then take a trip to Cabela's! I needed to buy some shells for my 20 gauge anyway (I'm sporting a sheepish look) so let's see what this big HUNTING SALE is all about. Seriously though I did have something I wanted to check out as well as buy some shells.

I have a Remington model 11-87 semi auto that I bought about 8 years ago. It's a nice dependable auto loader that my oldest son Kelan likes to shoot though the stock isn't the best fit for him. Kelan is 6' 3'' and I'm more in the 5' 10"-5' 11" range so the length of pull is a bit short. My solution was to find a recoil pad that would add about a half in to the length. Pay dirt! The nice thing about Cabela's is their huge selection so I was able to find one that fit the Remington perfectly. Kelan already shoots well with that gun so now that it fits him better he should really see a lot of success. However, if he starts out shooting me I'll have to "accidentally" lose that pad.

No comments:

Post a Comment