Saturday, September 1, 2012

Oh Yeah, My Dove Tree.

I made a portable dove tree out of found objects in my garage and basement. As the season grew closer it gave me a little distraction and something else to do to get ready. I took two old bamboo tiki torches and cut the torch parts off. Then I had an old tent pole piece that was two parts with a swivel in the middle. One part slides down into the the bottom pole and then stops where the cross tent pole piece swivels. Then I slide the top tiki torch pole down and it stops there. I drilled a hole mid-way up the top pole and a slid a rigid 1/2 inch a tomato stake through that. Then wrapped the pieces in camo tape. Stuck some decoys on the cross limbs and a mojo on top. Happy days! It worked like a charm this morning. I even had a couple of doves hover in front of it like humming birds. Big mistake on their part! Oh and I put a siren on it for added attraction! Kidding, it's just a firetruck going by in the background.



No comments:

Post a Comment