Monday, September 5, 2011

Labor Day means...another dove shoot





Labor Day today so we headed out to the farm for another morning hunt. A cold front came through late Sunday afternoon and dropped the day time temperatures from a high Saturday of 101 to 75 for todays high. The low's this morning were in the low to mid 50's. The cooler weather felt great but it pushed a lot of our doves out and not many have arrived from north of us. Well either they haven't arrived or they kept on going south, I'm hoping for the former. Bama and I only got five birds this morning and they were tough shots. The wind is a steady 15 mph and gusting to 20 which made those doves like little grey rockets. I set up in the same spot I hunted Saturday by the slough. Bama only had one mud retrieve this time because the wind carried the birds away from the muck and out into the field. I may head back out later this afternoon since I start back to work tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment