Saturday, September 3, 2011

We opened the season with a bang!


The dove season opened this past thursday and it was a ton of fun. Attached is a video showing the view from my blind which consisted of a stand of corn that measured roughly 10'x10' . In front of me is a gravel drive that leads into the property and it's bordered on one side by a barbed wire fence. I placed about six decoys on the fence and one of my mojo doves on the post, another mojo on the side of the drive in the cut corn along with another ground mojo that consists of three rotating feeding decoys. The doves didn't have a prayer. My set up looked so good I could barely stop grinning. There were six of us hunting the field that morning. The Roberts brothers, Mark Illig, a friend of the Roberts, Jimmy and one of the Lidhorst's that own the farm. Everyone got their 15 bird limit pretty quickly. I was finished hunting in less than an hour. I went back the next morning as well. More on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment