Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Slow Day.

I decided to head out to Callaway County this morning to see if Bama and I could kick up some quail. The place we hunted is about 35 miles east of Columbia, Missouri and in the past has had a few decent sized coveys for Bama and I to chase around for a few hours. When we left St. Louis this morning the temperature was in the low thirties. It was a bit colder than that out in the field and they had gotten a little snow. I brought the wrong boots so a couple hours later my feet were a little wet. Bama and I hunted for about four hours and according to the pedometer on my phone I walked about six miles. Bama I guess did put in almost ten since he doesn't do anything in a straight line. Four hours, one covey, and a beautiful day spent outdoors.

The fence lines (on the left) bordering the corn field are where I found birds.

That bird needs a front door on that nest brrrr.

The man patiently waiting for me to take his picture so he can get back to work.



No comments:

Post a Comment