Saturday, December 3, 2011

Waterfowl Hunting In Need Of "Fowl" Weather

 The duck hunting has been a bit slow so far this season, we're still in need of some sustained cold weather in the Dakota's to get a good push on the ducks into Missouri. At least that's my excuse for the lack of success and I'm sticking to it! However... with that said I still enjoy getting out. I've been to a few different places so far this year including a couple of the big duck clubs up north of St. Charles along the Missouri River. I always find going to those clubs to be really entertaining because I get to see how the other half lives. The ducks don't seem to care how nice the places are or what great equipment the hunters all have, they don't show up there just as much as they don't to the places I can more readily get access to.
We're supposed to start getting some cold wet weather this weekend into next week so let's see if that changes my luck.

This is the Catawissa Pits area off the Meramec River. Old sand dredging operation from the 1940's and 50's that they turned into a conservation area of about 1,000 acres.

Bama and I scanning the sky for ducks.

Heading out to the blind at Belleau Hunt Club - St. Peters, Missouri.
View from blind in flooded corn field.
Mark scanning for ducks.
Sunset on Belleau Farm

No comments:

Post a Comment