Saturday, December 31, 2011

Late December Quail

I've been taking advantage of my extended time off for the holidays to get in some late season bird hunting. Wild quail are still pretty scarce in these parts but shooting quail is not the only reason I enjoy getting out. Missouri has some beautiful conservation areas and the state works really hard to create good quail habitat to bring the populations back. I really enjoy the hikes Bama and I take through these different  areas and the occasional covey of quail we jump are the cherry on top. Below are some of the shots I've taken at three different CA's over the last week. I take these with the camera on my phone and they actually turn out pretty well. I'd like to take a nicer camera with me but it's a little hard carrying a shotgun and then messing with a camera at the same time.







No comments:

Post a Comment